Thank you for choosing Bay Area Houston Endoscopy Center for your endoscopy needs. Please read and complete the following important information about your visit.
- Bay Area Houston Endoscopy Center requires that you complete a pre-registration and pre-anesthesia assessment
with One Medical Passport in order to receive services at our facility. It should be completed within 48 hours
of the appointment. Our anesthesia team must have time to review your history in order for you to receive the
best possible care. Failure to complete the assessment will result in your procedure being rescheduled or
cancelled. There are several options available:
- Complete at home using your personal computer.
- Complete at Bay Area Houston Endoscopy using the dedicated terminal.
- Leave a message for the Pre-Assessment Nurse at (281) 672-6049.
Create Your One Medical Passport Account
First time users of One Medical Passport should click the green Register button and create an account. Answer the questions on each page, then click save and continue. Once complete, you will be prompted to click Finish to securely submit your information to us.
Additional Help to Complete Assessment
- Each page has a Help link you may click for assistance.
- If you choose to complete your assessment at Bay Area Houston Endoscopy, please bring a list of your medications.
- If you would like the Pre-Assessment Nurse to assist you, please leave a detailed message and you will receive a call 1-3 days before your scheduled procedure. Call hours are between 8:30am - 4:30pm.
The bills a patient will receive for a procedure and the cost of the procedure will depend primarily on the following items. You will likely receive separate bills for each.
- Bay Area Houston Endoscopy Center’s fee for the type of procedure. This fee includes nursing care, medications, standard supplies, and use of the operating and recovery rooms.
- The physician’s fee for performing the procedure
- The CRNA’s fee for providing anesthesia for the procedure, if applicable
- The histology preparation and pathologist’s fee (separate) for diagnosing biopsies or polyps removed during your procedure
We require payment of your deductible, co-payment, and co-insurance at the time of admission. We accept cash, checks, debit and all major credit cards. For procedures that are not covered by insurance and for patients who do not have medical insurance, we require full payment (100%) at the time of admission. Please call our Business Office prior to your procedure date if special payment arrangements are necessary.
Many same-day surgical procedures are covered by standard medical insurance and we participate with many insurance plans. However, you should call your insurance company prior to your procedure date to verify that we participate with your plan and to understand the coverage for your procedure. We will submit claims to most major insurance carriers.
As a courtesy prior to the date of a procedure, Bay Area Houston Endoscopy will verify patient insurance coverage and benefits for patients and will make every effort to communicate this information to the patient before the procedure date.
Cancellations or Rescheduling
To better serve the needs of all our patients, we ask that you call your physician’s office at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule appointments. We make every effort to stay on schedule, although emergencies arise.
After-Hours & Emergencies
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 911. However, if you need after-hours advice for a medical concern, please contact your physician.
- you have questions about the procedure, your preparation for it, or need to cancel, please call your physician’s office directly.
We are committed to high quality medical care and look forward to being of service to you.